using silent installation switch (/S) with new version 1.4.1.999 causes showing the Help-Window

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
breakfastdirector

using silent installation switch (/S) with new version 1.4.1.999 causes showing the Help-Window

Post by breakfastdirector »

Hi!
During installation of new version 1.4.1.999 with /S-switch the help-window apears.
I think it's a bug, because everything.exe is starting automaticaly with ...
"C:\Program Files\Everything\Everything.exe" -disable-update-notification -uninstall-quick-launch-shortcut -NO-CHOOSE-VOLUMES -language
(=process shown within taskmgr)
I think the switch "-NO-CHOOSE-VOLUMES" is not available (any more).
Is it a bug?
Will there be a new version, so we can deploy Everything sill silently?
all the best
Holger
void
Developer

Re: using silent installation switch (/S) with new version 1.4.1.999 causes showing the Help-Window

Post by void »

Thank you for the bug report.

The issue is caused by the installer using the -language command line option with no specified language.

Could you please try the latest nightly build.

This version should use your previously set language, or default to 1033 (English US) for the language.
Coldblackice

Re: using silent installation switch (/S) with new version 1.4.1.999 causes showing the Help-Window

Post by Coldblackice »

I've been getting this same issue too when doing silent/automated installs, and have tried to suppress it as it breaks my batch installer. Great to know what it's from and there's a fix! I'll also try the nightly build, as well. Thanks!