I think I found a bug where I have SMB drive as a indexed folder and I right click the folder from Everything, the folders "Date Modified:" data changes to the current time. And it shouldn't do this.
This is quite annoying considering that "Date modified" is very useful way to locate and differentiate files in many cases. It doesn't seem to happen when using windows explorer to browse SMB shares and opening folder context menu, or on NTFS indexes when opening folder context menu through Everything. Only SMB locations indexed as folders seem to be affected. I'll try to see if local indexed folders are affected as well and I'll update this post.
Windows 7 x64 SP2 (Latest updates installed), Everything 188.8.131.525 (x64) (I noticed this on a previous version as well, so I updated to see if this still happens and it does)
Steps to reproduce:
- Index an SMB share as a folder in Everything, enable "monitor changes".
- Enable "Index date modified" on "Indexes" settings tab.
- Search for any folder, assort by "Date modified".
- Right click any folder on that share through Everything to bring up the context menu.
- Watch "Date modified:" changing.