Page 1 of 1
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:18 am
voidMouse is a mouse driver hook that allows you to scroll windows with the middle mouse button + mouse move.
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:51 pm
Just did a quick functional test:
- Runs under restricted user credentials!
- No user interface. Stop it through Task Manager (or similar)
- Works as advertised in all tesetd applications (Notepad (++), FireFox, File Explorer, Q-Dir)
- kills the middle-mouse click functionality to close tab's, open browser links in new tabs, etcetera.
- prevent voidMouse from running multiple instances whn started multiple times.
- Scroll speed is a bit slow (on my machine).
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:46 am
Thanks for the feedback NotNull,
I missed the universal scroll option from an old Logitech mouse.
voidMouse tries to replicate the same feature.
It does not require administrative privileges.
However, voidMouse will not be able to communicate with windows running with higher privileges.
voidMouse is only 32 bit / x86. It works with both Windows x86/x64 and with other x86/x64 applications.
Source code is available on GitHub.
There are many hacks to get it to work with Tooltips, Windows Explorer, Visual Studio etc..
voidMouse tries to fake scroll bar messages or fake mouse wheel messages, applications that do not support these messages with not scroll with voidMouse.
Added to my TODO list:
Customize which mouse button to use for scrolling.
Prevent voidMouse from running multiple instances when started multiple times.
Customize scroll speed