Everything New Logo

General discussion related to "Everything".
eagleeyez

Everything New Logo

Post by eagleeyez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:39 am

Everything-New-Logo.png
Hi Void,

The main idea is to make the actual everything logo less dull and "simplish" and also I like this tone of orange better and it associates greatly with that range of gray in my opinion... I got another idea a while ago but I cannot remember it right now so maybe another one will be coming.

It's obviously and "e" shaped in magnifier shape... I guess there is not need to explain further.

Open to constructive critics and suggestion.

Cheers to everyone in this amazing community.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eagleeyez on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

void
Site Admin

Re: Everything New Logo

Post by void » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi Eagleeyez, I like your icon. Thanks for sharing it.

Could I please add it to the Everything Icon pack with your name in the filename?

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:18 am

Sure! please do it and I am also open to do any graphic work for this project... I will try to sumbit more stuff too!

Here is the svg attached (it's not optimized though because I left the ability to edit it in illustrator)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

void
Site Admin

Post by void » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:33 am

Thanks for letting me add your icon to the Everything Icon Pack.

I have included your icon in the Everything Icon Pack with the filename Everything-Eagleeyez.ico.
If you would like a different filename, please let me know.

I converted your SVG to a 256x256 png, and converted that to a 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 64x64, 48x48, 96x96 and 256x256 icon pack.
Hope this is OK.

Thanks for your offer to do graphic work for Everything. However, there's no other graphics needed for Everything at this stage.
In the future I will need some icons made for new toolbars and menus.

horst.epp

Post by horst.epp » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:17 pm

void wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:33 am
Thanks for letting me add your icon to the Everything Icon Pack.

I have included your icon in the Everything Icon Pack with the filename Everything-Eagleeyez.ico.
If you would like a different filename, please let me know.

I converted your SVG to a 256x256 png, and converted that to a 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 64x64, 48x48, 96x96 and 256x256 icon pack.
Hope this is OK.

Thanks for your offer to do graphic work for Everything. However, there's no other graphics needed for Everything at this stage.
In the future I will need some icons made for new toolbars and menus.
Your links give me
Information
The requested page could not be found.

ovg

Post by ovg » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:00 pm

horst.epp wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:17 pm
Your links give me
Information
Hmm... Strange, working fine for me ...

horst.epp

Post by horst.epp » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:21 pm

ovg wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:00 pm
horst.epp wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:17 pm
Your links give me
Information
Hmm... Strange, working fine for me ...
Now they also work for me :D

V@no

Post by V@no » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Very nice icon, very clever ;)

The information about how to change icon is not complete. It doesn't explain that the provided steps will only work if Everything is pinned to taskbar and not running, otherwise icon from .exe file itself will be shown while Everything is running.

Would be nice if Everything could change it's own icon if for example default.ico file present.

collinchaffin

Post by collinchaffin » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:16 pm

Is there any chance of perhaps adding an option for which program icon to use as I have seen in other apps? Otherwise, as stated the only real way to change the running process icon is to reshack and replace the actual icon resources in the exe, which on top of changing the actual app exe (not something I like to do) then still needs to be re-done upon every single ES update.

I will add that it would also be an opportunity to perhaps at the same time add a 2nd icon option (with of course a fallback default) for a new alternate tray/taskbar running icon when performing specifically the database/folder index update(s), simply switching back to the primary icon upon completion. This is a missing feature today as there is absolutely no visual indicator when my updates occur, including right after startup, that can last several minutes having many drives and additional folders configured and it would be really nice to be able to at a glance see when the updates are done.

I will add that I like this new icon enough to hack the exe for the time being - which is a testament to the design! Nice work!

P.S. For the new design's #2 (updating) icon, my suggestion is to simply fill the entire outlined "e" with perhaps bright red.

tuska

Post by tuska » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:51 pm

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am glad that void like the icon as many other... I've made a tweak to this one and created an .ico file which is smaller and include the different windows dimensions... it looks better since I've made the lines thicker a bit as well ;)

To use it just drop the extracted file into %APPDATA%\Everything\ and restart Everything (or the computer).

Enjoy!

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:17 pm

I also agree with what Collin Chaffin said...

I will be available also to help with the UI icons! (even if I find Everything already great but I like how another project which I love so much as well "Listary" is evolving and I think this is a great direction for everything to follow in term of user-friendliness)

Again, I cannot thank the developer enough for this gem!

horst.epp

Post by horst.epp » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:36 pm

eagleeyez wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:17 pm
I also agree with what Collin Chaffin said...

I will be available also to help with the UI icons! (even if I find Everything already great but I like how another project which I love so much as well "Listary" is evolving and I think this is a great direction for everything to follow in term of user-friendliness)

Again, I cannot thank the developer enough for this gem!
I have a life time Listary Pro license and testing the actual beta
but the search features of Everything are much better than the current Listary.
For the menu features of Listary there are much better free alternatives such as Quick Access Popup.
Also I'm a user of Total Commander file manager which has full integration of Everything.
The current beta of Listary has much less integration of TC and the support of High DPI
display was also better in the previous version.