search archives (types) and disc-images, and metadata?

General discussion related to "Everything".
myNameIsJonny!

search archives (types) and disc-images, and metadata?

Post by myNameIsJonny! »

Hi!

I love your app.

I have lots of similar volumes, and run Everything portable on all. I need to set up config for differing scenarios.

Is there an option to have a power search? Ie search inside 7z, rar, zip etc?
Is there one similarly for iso/nrg/vhd etc?

I just found FileMeta(x64).msi, which lets me tag files (using comments fields etc).
Are any of these indexable by Everything?

Finally, re the DB, if the C drive is recognised as being different, will this instigate a reindex?
(When I attach {mount} a volume it auto-scans, takes a few mo's. Thinking about setting up a profile that won't auto scan any volumes, and will retain the index of unmounted volumes... but not sure if this will have any impact, ie if c is different (disksig) a reindex will occur...

I love this app :P
void
Developer

Re: search archives (types) and disc-images, and metadata?

Post by void »

Is there an option to have a power search? Ie search inside 7z, rar, zip etc?
Is there one similarly for iso/nrg/vhd etc?
Everything does not touch file contents.
Indexing compressed/images files may happen in a future release. However, don't expect this to be fast.
I just found FileMeta(x64).msi, which lets me tag files (using comments fields etc).
Are any of these indexable by Everything?
No, I hope to atleast display this information in Everything 1.5, possibly indexing it in a future release.
Finally, re the DB, if the C drive is recognised as being different, will this instigate a reindex?
(When I attach {mount} a volume it auto-scans, takes a few mo's. Thinking about setting up a profile that won't auto scan any volumes, and will retain the index of unmounted volumes... but not sure if this will have any impact, ie if c is different (disksig) a reindex will occur...
In Everything 1.3: Yes, Everything will perform a full rebuild. Consider enabling Keep offline volumes.
In Everything 1.4: No, the old C: will remain in the index and the new C: will be included in the index without performing a full rebuild. The old C: can be removed from the index from Tools -> Options -> NTFS -> Select the old C: -> Click Remove.

Thanks for your support.