Thank you for your feedback Stamimail,
1. The name is "Navigation Pane" in Windows
I will consider using the name: Navigation pane.
Previous versions of Windows Explorer used "Folders".
Currently, the folder sidebar in Everything is less about navigation and more about filtering.
This might change with the addition of an address bar.
2. I see * works like in Windows, it expand all. In Windows you can also collapse all, by collapse one folder and then press F5.
In addition to Windows way, I suggest to simply press * again to collapse all. (* will work as a toggle - expand/collapse all)
(btw, only the Numeric key * works. Unfortunately, * of Shift+8 isn't an alternative and it doesn't work in laptops haven't Numeric keys. In my experience there will be no harm in doing "Shift+8" works in favor of these laptops.)
I have put on my TODO list to add a keyboard shortcut to collapse all.
What about a context menu item to expand all / collapse all?
3. Enter on a selected folder - I suggest it will go in (like you press with RightArrow)
I will consider an on ENTER action ini setting.
Users might also want to focus the search box or result list.
4. Ctrl+RightLeftArrows - It behaves like in Windows for scrolling. There is a problem with that, when you trying to select multiple folders by using only the keyboard. You select one folder, and then press Ctrl and trying to navigate freely with the arrows, and it won't let you to expand and go in with RightArrow. Enter doesn't work either.
I will look into Ctrl + keypad + or Ctrl + Enter to expand.
5. Keyboard tab - File | Explore Path in Everything
didn't work for me.
Thanks for pointing this out.
Everything is sometimes selecting the incorrect folder.
I will post a fix soon.
The issue occurs with both explore path and explore.
6. Keyboard tab - File | Explore in Everything
Setting this to Enter (and "File | Open" to Shift+Enter), I finally get the experience as in Windows Explorer.
But it works good only for folders. I can't open files with this Enter...
I guess I will try to get the familiar experience and shortcuts of Windows in Everything.
Navigation mode vs Search mode?
WExplorer mode vs Everything mode?
Binding Shift + Enter to "File | Explore in Everything" will give the best experience.
However, this is currently broken due to the bug above.
7. Consider let using "Selection rectangle" for multiple selection by mouse.
I will consider a selection rectangle to select multiple folders.
8. Keep in mind that when "View > Toggle LTR/RTL direction" you might need to toggle also the tree direction.
I have put on my TODO list to add RTL support to the treeview.
Thank you for the suggestions.