I know that related issues have already been discussed here, but none seemed to match my case exactly, so I'm posting this.
Everything Version 188.8.131.529b (x64) is open. I delete a couple of files using Download Status Bar in Firefox. I check Explorer to make sure they're deleted. Deletes confirmed. Go to Everything. The files are still listed there. Press F5 and also use Refresh in menu. Nothing changes in Everything for these files. The same happened when I renamed a folder.
Additional side issue: When I press Delete or use Delete from Everything menu on these 'phantom' files, nothing happens. No error message. File is not removed from Everything Results list. Shell should tell me "Windows cannot find the file" but no action occurs.
I do not have any special settings in Everything regarding the folders where the phantom files are located.
Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:59 am
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3121
- Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 pm
Could you please send some basic debug info and try restarting Everything:
- In Everything, press Ctrl + `
- What is displayed at the top of the debug console?
- Exit Everything completely (Right click the Everything system tray icon and click Exit)
- Restart Everything.
- Allow the database to update.
- Does Everything still show these phantom files/folders?
- Posts: 1595
- Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm
Download Status Bar
Is the drive where the downloads go to NTFS & is Everything set to monitor it?