UI oddness

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
soaper

UI oddness

Post by soaper »

The following display seemed odd (autocomplete bar shifted way to the left) so I thought I'd just post it here for info.

Otherwise, not really a problem far as I'm concerned. :)

Version 1.4.1.969 (x64) on Windows 10 2004.
NotNull

Re: UI oddness

Post by NotNull »

Confirmed.

To clarify: this happens if the right side of the Everything window is of-screen. Or more precise: if the right side of the search bar/ suggestion bar is off-screen.
The suggestion bar shifts to the left the exact amount of space that the search bar / suggestion bar is off screen.

My first guess was that this could be caused by the "bring into view" routine introduced in version 1.4.1.964, but 1.4.1.963 behaves the same.

Obvious workaround: bring the entire suggestion bar into view.
soaper

Post by soaper »

Thank you. :thumbsup:

I knew I was going to learn something new, and this time it's the terminology "suggestion bar". Many thanks.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

soaper wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:36 am I knew I was going to learn something new, and this time it's the terminology "suggestion bar".
Probably "suggestion list" would be a better description (the "bar" could also be be multiple lines high [1]).
I don't know the "official" terminology ...

[1] Configurable in Everything.ini : search_history_always_suggest_visible_count_max=4 will show 4 suggestions.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thanks for the bug report.

For the next major release I've made Everything keep the original x position when bringing the suggestion box into view.
soaper

Post by soaper »

void wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:35 am Thanks for the bug report.
No, thank you for acknowledging that I was helpful in a minor way. So happy to contribute.