Is it possible to temporary load location to the database

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
vsub

Is it possible to temporary load location to the database

Post by vsub »

I have certain location disabled from the database and I create a file list of it if I want to look something there.
The problem is,if I delete something(directly from the everything window),that something will still stay in the list(I will not open the same efu file again,I will create a new one the next time I want to check something there)

Is there is some way to temporary load that list to the database and monitor for changes
NotNull

Re: Is it possible to temporary load location to the database

Post by NotNull »

You can load an EFU file in Everything (Menu:Tools > Options > Indexes > File Lists ) and whenever that EFU file is updated, Everything will re-read that EFU file and update it's index accordingly.
But that will add that folder to the Everything database, which you were trying to avoid.

Maybe IndexThis (can be found through this page ) can be a solution for you?
vsub

Post by vsub »

Hmm,not exactly what I wanted but yes thing can work.
I have few problems tho

I was just looking at what the bat file was supposed to do and kinda imitate it but I have few problems(not sure if this is also the case if I use the bat file...I don't want to add registry)

If I run Everything like this
Everything.exe -instance TempList -nodb -admin -config Temp.ini
or
Everything.exe -instance TempList -db Temp.db -admin -config Temp.ini

the custom filters,search history and bookmarks are not loaded(I just copied the settings file and rename it to Temp.ini ....and disable all volumes from the databse)

If I try -bookmark Bookmarks.csv,everything just displays the command lines window,like I did something wrong(probably)
The current directory I am in in cmd is the folder where everything and all files are.

Also,what exactly Monitor changes does in File Lists.
Deleting files from withing Everything or from explorer,nothing happens with and without database when I add a file list there

And finally,is there is a way(command line or ini option)that closes the process when I close the window
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

vsub wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:50 pm the custom filters,search history and bookmarks are not loaded(I just copied the settings file and rename it to Temp.ini ....and disable all volumes from the databse)
When using an instance, custom filters,search history and bookmarks have a -instncaname added. With your -instance TempList that makes Bookmarks-TempList.csv etc.
vsub wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:50 pm Also,what exactly Monitor changes does in File Lists.
As said before:
NotNull wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 pm You can load an EFU file in Everything (Menu:Tools > Options > Indexes > File Lists ) and whenever that EFU file is updated, Everything will re-read that EFU file and update it's index accordingly.

You will probably need some extra settings from the IndexThis ini (see batchfile).