a large quantity result files with the same name!

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
yvonzh

a large quantity result files with the same name!

Post by yvonzh »

Everything is a wonderful program.
I'm a programmer, here is some of my ideas:
change namespace command in the search line(or an option) e.g.
typing "fix d:\workspace" or "/fa" will only search files under the file folder "d:\workspace" until "unfix d:\workspace"(/ufa)
typing "fix e:\workspace" or "/fe" will only search files under the file folder "e:\workspace" until "unfix e:\workspace"(/ufe)
so that the current working namespace can be changed very quickly.This will be very helpful when you have a lot of files, especially for programmers who always encounter files with the same name cause right now the everything namespace is always global.
Maybe this can be combined with the filter.

for the filter and macros I hope Everything can use the key "/" as the escape key(or as an option), the current escape key ":" you have to press shift and ";".
As a a matter of fact , the reasonable optional escape keys are /\<>:*?"| but most of them are not so convenient, \ | * are too far, : ? " <> you have to press two keys,
so I think / may be the wise choice although "\/" are currently used for path match.
yvonzh

Re: a large quantity result files with the same name!

Post by yvonzh »

Never mind! I found filter can do the job!
therube

Post by therube »

Ah, now why didn't I think of that.
When searching my music (which I keep in its own partition, M: as it is) I have often prefaced the search line like:

M:\ jethro tull

to limit its search to the M: partition.

Now with the Filter set up (to be, M:\ ), I simply select the "Music" Filter & type in what I'm looking for with no need any longer to make sure the "M:" is there to limit the search scope.

Thanks.
yvonzh

Post by yvonzh »

void is a genius.
use the filter you can get whatever you want.
despite the default filter,u can also define a filter as "M:\music" and macro as m ,and then "song name m" will get the music under the folder M:\music