Indexing on off

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
midigator

Indexing on off

Post by midigator »

Thank you for your excellent work!
You have developed the best of the fastest basic search engine available under windows.

I work with several TB's of small files and that's why I love SEv.
However there is a small annoying that could be avoided.

I am a DAW addicted and I process tons of data.

When I stuff my computer and the disks want to explode, I kill the maximum process that are unnecessary. Each restart, the DB do a full refresh. I have to wait a few minutes before searching. Is this really indispensable?

For my part, I would like the reverse of some, who would always like an update. I 'd like to have some control to say ok go baby or keep it cool..
An Indexing on / off button would make me really happy if rebuild all not always necessary. The color of the icon in the tray would be a good indicator on the indexing status.

Another idea I have would extend the possibilities of your marvelous machine. For people like me, who included directories networks, it would be convenient to be able to switch this area on off. This zone is not in the same "domain". But in this objective I thought of a formula that would be quite powerful and useful.

In the SEv configuration, if there was a small section where you could put a few buttons and a text box for each. The optional appearance of these buttons of these on the right of the status bar could allow to launch new instances of SEv each corresponding to the defined zones.

Merci de tous le Québécois
Mario Bouchard
void
Developer

Re: Indexing on off

Post by void »

When I stuff my computer and the disks want to explode, I kill the maximum process that are unnecessary. Each restart, the DB do a full refresh. I have to wait a few minutes before searching. Is this really indispensable?
Please try the Everything 1.4 beta, the re-indexing is more efficient.

Please see Refreshing to turn index updating on and off.
midigator

Re: Indexing on off

Post by midigator »

Wow A lot of work was made

Thank you for the Refresh option

And I read "Yes, I plan to add an optional execute search button to the right of the search edit in Everything 1.5."

Marvellous!
De Mario le québécois