Minimize to Taskbar & Close to Taskbar

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
therube

Minimize to Taskbar & Close to Taskbar

Post by therube »

Minimize to Remain on Taskbar

Currently when you minimize the Everything window (& it is the last Everything window), it places itself into the System Tray.
(Actually it is always in the System Tray, but regardless.)

"Closing" to the System Tray in & of itself isn't bad, but when doing so, you also loose your search criteria (which can be inconvenient :(). Further there are times when keeping a icon in an fixed position (in the Taskbar) can be convenient (helpful).

So in addition to (the Todo:) always on top, I feel that minimize to System Tray should also be made an option, with the default to be to just remain on the Taskbar. (Or vice-versa, just so the options exist.)

Options are good :-).

(Note that you don't have to physically "click" the minimize button. So long as the Everything window has focus, should you happen to click on the Taskbar icon, it minimizes.)

EDIT: I just found in Everything.ini, minimize_to_tray=1 ... lets see ... Yes, changing it to =0 works :-). So it just needs a GUI.
Last edited by therube on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Close to Taskbar

Post by therube »

Along the same lines, I'll assume that close_window_on_esc= is not effectual at this point in time (it closes regardless)?
I'll assume that at some point close_window_on_esc will be effectual?

Further suggestion for an (File) Exit in addition to Close.
David
Developer

Re: Minimize to Taskbar & Close to Taskbar

Post by David »

close_window_on_esc=0 should work for "Everything" 1.2.1.371.

See http://www.voidtools.com/Everything/wik ... dow_on_esc for more info.

The close_window_on_esc and minimize_to_tray ini options will be available in the GUI for the next release of "Everything".
therube

Re: Minimize to Taskbar & Close to Taskbar

Post by therube »

Thanks.
(Wonder how I missed the Wiki. After some reading, that should clear up a lot of questions :-).)