Always Copy From Everything

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
DickPape

Always Copy From Everything

Post by DickPape »

I would prefer Everything not act like a file manager in terms of being able to copy, move or delete things. Items listed may exhibit Move or Copy icons depending upon where they came from and where they're going. If you're not watching you could move stuff from "paths unknown" and never get it back together. Default should be Copy.

In fact, I fear all the right click items... At best, there could be a switch to enable the right click functions.
daspud

Re: Always Copy From Everything

Post by daspud »

For me the ability to do the right click on the result items is very, very useful.

Are you left click dragging from the results list to another location? When I want to copy a file from the results list I always do a right click and copy or a right click drag and then select copy. I could never remember which times the left click drag would copy and which it would move.

Bob Roos
DickPape

Re: Always Copy From Everything

Post by DickPape »

I left click drag which is very direct.

I have to relearn my ways I guess. It is helpful to be able to do things while I have the file "up". But I was surprised when subsequent items were either copied or moved. Moving stuff out of "someplace" makes it very iffy to move it back. In the few cases I tried an Undo worked, so maybe ...
I have to relearn my ways